Ultra’s software defined data & power hubs have been designed for the next generation of dismounted soldier systems.
Based around our UltraLynx™ wearable computer, our system provides the following features and benefits:
- Miniature rugged soldier worn hubs with embedded edge computing capability.
- Scalable and flexible open architecture that allows simplified integration of devices that were never designed to work with each other.
- Hubs can be daisy-chained for system expansion.
- Software defined capability aids interoperability and enables USB driver offload, network routing, middleware deployment and container hosting on the hub.
- Future architectures employing devices such as weapon mounted HMI, HUD/HMDs and physiological monitors are simplified as the data infrastructure is managed within the hub.
- Not dependent on an EUD; system operation and configuration are decoupled from the connected EUD.
- Power distribution to connected devices from a central power source can be monitored and controlled through the built-in web-based user interface.
- Available in 6 port or next generation 4 port configurations with various integrated connector options.
- Fully supported with optional cable packages and textile accessories.
Ultra is also developing the UltraNIMBUS Neurological Intelligent Monitoring & Brain Utilisation System. This state-of-the-art wearable sensor enables the monitoring of well-being, and the possibility of controlling systems by thought alone.