With over 15 years’ experience, Ultra is the market leader in developing innovative Electrical Ice Protection System solutions for the Aerospace industry.
Our systems are designed to operate in either an anti-icing or de-icing modes. We cater to a range of ice protection requirements; from simple, time/voltage, on-off control through to very complex multi-zone, closed loop feedback control.
To date, our Ice Protection Systems have been adopted in applications including the Boeing 787 Dreamliner Wing Leading Edge, the Lockheed Martin F35 Engine and Lift Fan Inlets and helicopter engine inlets.
- Intelligent and ruggedized power switching can be centralised or remotely located
- Software control can be hosted locally, on the switch, or on a centralised computing resource
- Smart power management to minimize overall power requirement and maximize performance
- Heater element applicable to both metallic and composite structures
- Variable power density heater mats
Benefits to the Operator
- Compatible with the ‘More Electric Aircraft’ architecture
- Compatible with ice protection of composite structures
- Optimised usage of aircraft power
- Highly controllable system
- Uniform heating across the protected area
- Heater element technology is suited to both simple 2D and complex 3D structures