High Pressure Hoses & Pipes
Flexible hose assemblies
Our hoses are specifically designed for the transfer of high-pressure gasses and pure air in demanding aerospace and defence applications. They are ideally suited for transferring air from fixed to moving structures such as bomb-bay and landing gear doors.
Hoses can be supplied with a wide range of end fittings such as Swagelok®, ‘fingertight’ and JIC. Where appropriate the hoses can be pre-formed to meet critical installation requirements and cleaned and compatibility tested for pure air to DEF STAN 58-96.
- Tube Liner: Teflon® Co-Polymer
- Reinforcement: Kevlar® braid
- Cover: Stainless Steel braid (418S) or Thermoplastic cover (418T)
- Working pressure to 414 bar (6,000 psi)
- Burst pressure 1,655 bar (24,000 psi) minimum
- Operating temperature of -40°C to +70°C
- Minimum bend radius of 20mm
Ultra offers a range of flexible hose assemblies for the supply of air and oxygen for aircrew breathing, onboard oxygen generation systems, instrumentation and general use within aircraft and ground support equipment.
The hose assemblies are supplied lined with PTFE for high-pressure oxygen or rubber lined for breathing air systems. A convoluted PTFE hose can be supplied for low-pressure applications requiring high flexibility.
Standard end fittings include BSP, JIC and MS33656, however special end fittings can be manufactured to customer requirements.
Hose assemblies can be supplied pre-cleaned for oxygen service upon request.
- PTFE or rubber lined hoses
- Non-conductive braided PTFE hoses to AS1227
- Stainless Steel braided hoses to AS620
- Many end fitting options
- Highly flexible
Precision formed pipe and tube assemblies
Pipe and tube assemblies from Ultra are precision formed using CNC bending equipment to ensure accurate repeatability of critical bends. Standard or custom end fittings may be attached by high-integrity brazing or fitted with flared, compression and Swagelok type connections.
Manufactured from corrosion resistant materials such as 300 series stainless steel and tungum tubing, the assemblies are cleaned and compatibility tested for pure air to DEF STAN 58-96. They are supplied packaged for immediate use or long-term storage within aluminised polymer foil including desiccant and humidity indicators.
Also available is a braided ultra-flexible gimbal pipe; tightly coiled 0.8mm o/d stainless steel tube with external glass-fibre braid. This type of pipe retains excellent flexibility at high operating pressures.
Ultra offers custom designed pipe or tube assemblies to meet installation requirements or can manufacture to a customer’s existing drawing.
- Precision formed tubes using CNC bending equipment to ensure accurate repeatability of critical bends
- Braided ultra-flexible “Gimbal” pipes – tightly coiled 0.8mm o/d stainless steel tube with external glassfiber braid, giving high flexibility – retain flexibility at operating pressure
- Pipes can be custom designed to be form fit and function compliant with customer requirements or manufactured to customer drawing
- Manufactured from corrosion resistant materials e.g. 300 series stainless steel, tungum tubing or aluminum alloys
- Standard or custom made end fittings may be attached by high-integrity brazing or fitted with flared, compression and Swagelok type connections
- Tested hydraulically up to 600 bar and pneumatically to 400 bar
- Pure air cleaned and compatibility tested to DEF STAN 58-96 or for oxygen service
For product specifications and datasheet downloads click on the links below: