Ice Protection Systems
The efficient and effective removal of airframe/engine ice can be critical to the performance and flight safety of an aircraft. With over 15 years’ experience, Ultra is the market leader in developing innovative Ice Protection System solutions for the Aerospace industry.
We have teamed successfully with GKN Aerospace Transparency Systems to provide a complete ice protection system capability.
Our systems are designed to operate in either an anti-icing, de-icing or hybrid mode. We cater to a range of ice protection requirements; from simple, time/voltage, on-off control through to very complex multi-zone, closed loop feedback control.
To date, our Ice Protection Systems have been adopted on the following Platforms:
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner Wing Leading Edge
- Pratt & Whitney F135 Engine Inlet
- Lockheed Martin F35 Lightning II Lift Fan Inlet
- Leonardo Lynx Engine Inlet
- Leonardo AW101 Engine Inlet
- Sikorsky S-92 Engine Inlet
- Intelligent and ruggedized power switching can be centralised or remotely located
- Software control can be hosted locally, on the switch, or on a centralised computing resource
- Smart power management to minimize overall power requirement and maximize performance
- Heater element applicable to both metallic and composite structures
- Variable power density heater mats
Benefits to the Operator
- Compatible with the ‘More Electric Aircraft’ architecture
- Compatible with ice protection of composite structures
- Optimised usage of aircraft power
- Highly controllable system
- Uniform heating across the protected area
- Heater element technology is suited to both simple 2D and complex 3D structures
For product specifications and datasheet downloads click on the links below: